The road to Maasai Mara is featured with the spectacular view of plains & hills in the distance. At some point, you will get off the main road & seemingly wander on a sandy & stony path, in between the woods to find Kimana Tented Camp.
Oloirien-Kimana Camp is a tented camp, situated on the banks of Sekenani River 2kms from Sekenani gate within the Masai Mara Game Reserve
Restaurant & Bar
Kimana is within a small, cool and serene environment surrounded by woodland. The camp is one of Masai Mara’s most unique camps with unrivalled simplicity, design, service, ambience and personalized cuisine. It is one of Masai Mara’s best kept secrets.
The Camp offers full board accommodation with magnificent food freshly prepared. There is also an option for self catering and camping.
A stay here is not about luxury, it is about comfort, discovery, exploration and nature in its overwhelming totality…
The point of road access to the Camp is Narok Town, which is 2 hours drive from Nairobi. From Narok to the Camp through the Narok – Sekenani road is a 2 hours drive mostly on rough road. Arrangements can be done to pick up people from Narok by shuttle at a fee. There is an option to Fly to the Masai Mara Game Reserve, which is serviced by 4 airstrips. You can book to visit our camp by air through keekorok or Siana airstrips. There are daily scheduled flights from Nairobi, and the coast by Fly 540, Jambo Jet Airlines and Safari Link.
- 10 Simple, magnificently furnished tents
- Ensuite hot water showers and flush toilets
- Campsite for camping lovers away from the main tents
- Resident chef & fully equipped kitchen
- Complimentary bottled water is placed in your room
- Electricity via a well muffled generator
- Conference facilities of up to 100 people
- Fully serviced accommodation (housekeeping)
- Security in rooms & premises
- Airstrip Transfers, Secure on site parking
- Transport services from Nairobi also available
The camp also boasts of a camp site for the camping lovers away from the main tents. The camp site is serviced with shared toilets & hot water showers. Campers can opt to cook for themselves or hire our kitchen facilities and Chef. Campers can bring their tents or hire from the Camp. The campsite can accommodate up to 100PAX at a time
While at the camp, you can choose to enjoy any or all the activities below;-
- Game drives at the Masai Mara
- Nature walks with professional guides
- Visits to the local Masai Villages
- Evening sundowners and bonfires
- Bush breakfast and dinner
- Picnic lunch at the banks of the Mara River
- Team building activities
- Traditional Masai dances
- Hiking trails with local guides
Kimana Camp hosts various special interest groups. These include student groups from schools and colleges, workshops, filming crews etc. Special activities are arranged for these groups on request.
There are specially designed packages for student groups by trained professionals. Picnics, treasure hunts, mud sports, competitions, story telling, dances etc are just some of the activities for the young.
The camp is midway between Keekorok and Siana Air strips. Both are 15 minutes drive from the camp. The camp can organize for vehicles to pick clients up from the air strips, conduct game drives and drop them back to the air strips.
Our rates are the most friendly, for the services and amenities we provide. Send us an inquiry on the rates by email…email@example.com